Legal notices and disclaimers
Export controls and restricted encryption products
Exports, re-exports and in-country transfers of software products, services and technical information provided by CBRD (together, "Restricted Technology") are subject to U.S. laws, regulations and executive orders, including without limitation the export controls administered by the Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) under the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the sanctions programs administered by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). All parties to a transaction involving Restricted Technology are required to comply with these laws, regulations and executive orders. Restricted Technology is also subject to European Union export controls if it is exported from an EU location to a destination outside the EU. Parties engaged in transactions involving Restricted Technology that will be, or has been, exported from the EU should obtain proper export licenses as required under Council Regulation (EC) No. 428/2009 and Member State laws.
CBRD provides the information on this page as a general guideline and convenience to our channel partners and end user customers who are responsible for exporting, re-exporting or transferring Restricted Technology in accordance with U.S. law and the laws of other relevant jurisdictions.
Unless expressly authorized in writing by the U.S. government, Restricted Technology may not be exported or re-exported, either directly or indirectly, to any country embargoed by the United States. The following countries are considered embargoed destinations:
- North Korea
U.S. Prohibited/Restricted lists
Restricted Technology may not be sold, exported, re-exported or transferred to any person or entity designated as prohibited or restricted by an agency of the U.S. government. Exports to companies, organizations, or persons listed on the Specially Designated Nationals List, the Debarred List, the Entity List, and other governmental lists are prohibited. Please visit the BIS website and review example prohibited U.S. government lists. In addition, Restricted Technology shall not be used to facilitate any actions that could assist in or enable serious human rights abuses.
Enhanced Proliferation Control Initiative
Absent an appropriate authorization from the U.S. government, Restricted Technology may not be used directly or indirectly in the design, development, fabrication, or use of nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons or missile technology.
All software products provided by CBRD, unless otherwise noted, are subject to additional export restriction under U.S. law as they include encryption technology. CBRD's products are eligible for export to most destinations under section 740.17 of the EAR (License Exception ENC), subject to the prohibited end-use and end-user restrictions discussed below. Restricted Products are ENC Restricted Items under section 740.17(b)(2) of the EAR and may not be transferred without a license to government end-users in many countries. Government end users, as defined in Part 772 of the EAR, that are not located in the following countries require a U.S. export license in order to obtain ENC Restricted items: Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom and the United States.
The information contained herein is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to constitute legal advice or to be used as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed attorney and does not represent an undertaking by CBRD to advise the user as to all relevant U.S. export controls and regulations. All users are urged to consult the applicable U.S. export laws and regulations and other appropriate resources before distributing, exporting, re-exporting, importing, or using CBRD products.
Terms and Conditions of Use
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of the web presence of the Centre for Biosecurity Research and Development (the "Website").
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use the Website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements.
- “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing the Website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions.
- “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to the Centre of Biosecurity Research and Development. Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with the registered number 11287752 and the registered address at 120 High Rd, London N2 9ED.
- “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves.
- All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of England and Wales.
- Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, the Centre for Biosecurity Research and Development and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on the Website. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from
http://cbrd.co for your own personal use subject to restrictions set out in these terms and conditions.You must not:
- republish material from
- sell, rent or sub-license material from
- reproduce, duplicate or copy material from
http://cbrd.cowithout express permission, and/or
- redistribute content from the Website, unless such content is specifically made for redistribution or express permission has been granted.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
- government agencies;
- search engines;
- news organizations; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls,and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
The organisations mentioned in this paragraph may link to the Website and any content thereon as long as the link
- (a) is not in any way misleading;
- (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and
- (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, trade websites or industry publications;
- community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that
- (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us;
- (b) the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us;
- (c) the benefit to us fromthe visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of linking to the Company; and/or
- (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link:
- (a) is not in any way misleading;
- (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approvalof the linking party and it products or services; and
- (c) fits within the context of the linking party'ssite.
If you are among the organizations listed in this sectionand are interested in linking to our website,you must notify us by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- by use of our corporate name; or
- by use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- by use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within thecontext and format of content on the linking party's site.
No use of the Centre for Biosecurity Research and Development’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in our sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Website upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.No content on this Website is to be construed as medical advice, or to be exhaustive advice on matters of public health or medicine. If you are in need of medical advice, please consult a physician licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnifyand defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on anypage on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted aslibelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer:
- (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and
- (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer orin relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort(including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge,we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.