Novel computational methods for public health and pharmacovigilance
Division: Epidemiology | Locations: London, Budapest, Gurgaon, Hanoi
Faster, better, safer.
Computational epidemiology is the discipline of using computational methods to solve questions in epidemiology, public health and pharmacovigilance. This includes managing population-scale data sets and using time-efficient algorithms to detect outbreaks, monitor drug safety and generate evidence for setting public health policy priorities.
Our work in computational epidemiology serves a wide range of customers, including pharmaceutical manufacturers, public health authorities, pharmacovigilance services and insurance companies. Our specialist pharmacovigilance service is uniquely suited to work with both active and passive reporting databases and extracting value from both structured and unstructured data items. We are also frequently consulted in pricing negotiations and actuarial computational work by insurers, whether as a stand-alone service or in integration with in-house data science teams. The unique strength of our computational epidemiology practice area is the extensive support that six Support Engineering Departments and an extensive computational epidemiology research and development unit provide.
- Epidemiological modeling
- Clinical research data analysis
- Assistance in pricing negotiations
- Pharmacovigilance services
- Active Pharmacovigilance solutions
- Outbreak modeling
- Computational assistance to public health
- Vaccination uptake analysis
- Occupational health studies
- Study design assistance
- Design and application of quality metrics
- Government and public sector
- Health insurance
- Hospitals and healthcare providers
- Computational epidemiologists
- Study and trial design advisors
- Clinical analysts
- Pharmacovigilance analysts
- Computational linguistics specialists
- Machine learning developers
- Computational genomics specialists
- Support engineers
- Systems developers
- Computational epidemiology research associates
Our highly-trained biodefence experts analyse your infrastructure - whether it's a facility or a whole country -, creating detailed response packages, and continually monitor emerging risks, adjusting your preparations as required.
In the case of an incident, Biological Rapid Assessment Teams can be on-site within 24 hours and seamlessly merge into your own institutional structure to relieve pressure and assist in pathogen identification, response planning and execution.
After an incident, highly-trained field response teams and microbiologists can assist you in investigating the incident and making recommendations to prevent future incidents. Investigational support includes cutting edge genetic pathogen identification methods.